It is Anna and Santi here. Guess What!? A new contest is starting! Yeah!!! The temps are heating up! ( Speaking of heat….let us know if you would like us to carry Star Blends from Mehron…and what colors you like the most. )
After reading the poll results we are going to have you all choose the winner! We found out that we can post a million options on the polls, so now the pressure is off of me! Only those subscribed to the blog can vote, and we do not encourage popularity voting…aka begging your friends and family to vote for you. The pictures will be posted anonymously once they are all submitted. You can tell folks on facebook to join the blog and vote…but not tell them what your design is. And it can’t be painted on your own face, but you can paint on your own arm or leg! lol
The theme of the contest is “Inspired by Masters!”
Not master face painters, mind you, but those from Art History. You know, Van Gogh, Picasso, Degas, and so on. I think this will help us expand out creativity with brush strokes and color combos. You can make a traditional face painting design, but just incorporate the styles of an artist into it, or you can do something totally off the wall!
1. Be inspired by an artist in world history….dead or alive. Tell us who the inspiring artist is with your entry.
2. Your entry has to be painted on a real human using real face paint.
3. Tell me how you felt about participating in this themed contest.
Extra rules/logistics for entry:
From today( May 19th, 2011) until June 19th, 2011 participants can submit their entries.
– The image should contain a Face and/or body painting design made by the participant.
– Only our blog subscribers can participate, so, you have to send the image using the e-mail address you used to subscribe to our blog. E-mail me if you can’t remember it.
-If you haven’t become a fan of JestPaint on Facebook, go look it up and” Like” it!
– The e-mail has to be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
-The subject of the e-mail must be: “Art History Face Paint Contest” and your name or alias (very important since we will publish the winner’s name in the blog).
– The deadline is June 19th, 2011 at 11:59pm eastern time.
-Only two images ( DIFFERENT DESIGNS) per participant can be submitted.
– The winner is chosen by Blog Subscribers. You cannot tell others what picture you submitted until after the contest is over.
– The PRIZE for the Art History Contest: $25 credit at Jestpaint.com
-The winner will be announced on the blog and facebook and contacted through e-mail by June 20th. We will tell you how to redeem your store credit.
– We will publish the winner’s design on our blog, together with his/her name or alias, and any extra info they want to add after the announcement.
– We will publish all submitted images in a collage on our blog so everybody can enjoy them! Artists names will be added after the contest is over.
-By submitting your image, you agree to all of the rules of the contest.
Have fun, give it a shot, and let us know if you have any questions!
Peace, Love and Paint!
Anna and Santi